Effective Accident Claim

Effective Accident Claim
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Firm News
  4.  » Initiating a workers’ compensation claim

Initiating a workers’ compensation claim

On Behalf of | Feb 19, 2018 | Firm News, Personal Injury Claims |

If you have become ill due to a situation or the environment at your workplace or perhaps have been injured in an on-the-job accident in Connecticut, you will want to know about how you can file for workers’ compensation benefits. According to the State of Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission, any new claim for these benefits for an occupational disease must be submitted within 36 months of when your first symptom appeared. Any new claim for these benefits for an injury must be submitted within 12 months of the date on which the injury happened.

You must completed what is called a 30C Claim Form or the Notice of Claim for Compensation form to initiate the process. This form must be either hand-delivered by you or sent via certified to registered mail to both the Workers’ Compensation Commission and your employer. Proof of receipt from both parties is required. It is important for you to know that the form should be sent to the WCC District Office that covers the area in which you work, not in which you reside if they are different.

If your employer participates in a program that stipulates a doctor or other provider, that is where you must go for your first medical visit regarding the illness or injury. After that visit, you are free to seek treatment from another provider if you wish. 

If you would like to learn more about the process involved in filing for and receiving assistance after experiencing a work-related injury or developing a work-related illness, please feel free to visit the workers’ compensation page of our Connecticut personal injury website.