James E. Butler (Member) admitted to bar, 1994, Connecticut and U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut. Education: Marquette University (B.A., 1990); Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 1994). Phi Delta Theta. Member: Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, Connecticut Trial Lawyer's Association, and the American Association for Justice. Practice Areas: Civil Litigation; Personal Injury; Product Liability.
James Butler graduated with a B.A. from Marquette University in 1990 and received his law degree from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 1994. He was admitted to the Connecticut bar in the same year.
Attorney Butler concentrates in the area of Plaintiff’s personal injury and insurance coverage litigation. He has tried numerous cases to verdict, including representing individuals injured in automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, and work-related accidents. His practice also concentrates in other areas of negligence, including dog bite injuries, products liability, and premises liability. He has appeared before the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Connecticut Appellate Court.
From 2020 through 2023 Attorney Butler was named a "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Personal Injury.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1994
- Marquette University
- B.A. - 1990
- Connecticut, 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- American Association for Justice (formerly "The Association of Trial Lawyers of America"), Member
- Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admissions to the Bar, 2022 to Present