Bridgeport Slip And Fall Injury Lawyers
Slip-and-fall accidents occur when point of contact between a victim’s shoe and the floor fails, for whatever reason. The damages are similar to those for any personal injury accident, but in these cases the defendant may have the benefit of a powerful insurance company.
In a slip-and-fall injury lawsuit, a property owner, leaser, owner, and victim can be held fully or partially liable for the accident. While the owner has a duty to keep the property safe, the victim is also seen as having a duty to exercise a reasonable degree of care. Examples of slip-and-fall accidents include the following:
- Slipping on a wet grocery store floor that was not cleaned or protected after a spill
- Tripping on a loose rug in a public facility
- Falling due to defective handrail, steps or poor lighting
- Stumbling on a pothole or walkway defect
- Falling down an unmarked step in a dark restaurant
- Slipping on black ice in a parking lot or at the entrance of a store
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of unsafe conditions on a public, private, commercial or residential property, it is important to understand your rights and whether or not you may be entitled to compensation.
Slip-And-Fall Injury Lawyers
Because our team of experienced attorneys possesses comprehensive knowledge of comparative fault laws, we can determine liability for any slip-and-fall accident and do everything possible to help you recover all appropriate losses from the incident.
To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss a serious personal injury with one of our Bridgeport slip-and-fall injury lawyers call 203-583-4272 or email Miller, Rosnick, D’Amico, August & Butler, P.C.